CHARLES H. COOLIDGE NATIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
The Director of Education directs and manages the full range of educational programs of the institution. The position develops, implements, promotes, and evaluates the Medal of Honor Society’s Character Development Program, on-site school programs, guided tours, public programs, living history programs, and special events. Salary is negotiable and benefits are provided.
· Promotes and directs the implementation of the Character Development Program at both the institution and off-site venues such as schools and community centers.
· Develops, implements, evaluates, promotes, and schedules on-site student education programs that fulfill established curriculum guidelines for targeted grade levels.
· Serves as the institution’s liaison with school system curriculum directors, principals, and teachers in the development of student-based educational programs.
· Organizes, promotes, and supervises the implementation of community outreach programs.
· Develops, implements, evaluates, and promotes a variety of special events and activities that generate public interest, further the educational mission, and generate revenue.
· Recruits, trains, and supervises other staff, interns, and volunteers as docents, gallery attendants, or event volunteers.
· Assists with the development and installation of temporary and traveling exhibits.
Master’s Degree in Education, History, Public History, Military History or related field with a minimum of five (5) years experience in teaching ands curriculum development at a school or museum required. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Charles H. Coolidge National Medal of Honor Heritage Center
Attn: Search Committee
P.O. Box 11467
Chattanooga, TN 37401
Application materials will be received until July 2, 2019.