Greetings from the NEDCC | Northeast Document Conservation Center! May is dedicated to National Preservation Month and we'd like to share resources for emergency preparedness, as well as upcoming online preservation training opportunities throughout the month.
"MAYDAY" EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESOURCES
NEDCC encourages cultural heritage organizations to set aside May 1 to participate in MayDay, a time every year when cultural heritage professionals take personal and professional responsibility for doing at least ONE thing to improve their institution's ability to respond to an emergency. Review the free NEDCC resources below, and choose something that you can accomplish in a day or two but that will have a significant impact.
1. Preservation Leaflets include a series on Emergency Management with information about water damage, mold, pests, fire detection, security, planning, and prevention.
2. The dPlan® | ArtsReady® Pocket Response Resource, a customizable template for a basic emergency plan, is available for download.
3. NEDCC's Preservation 101 online textbook includes a chapter on emergency preparedness for paper-based collections.
4. NEDCC's Fundamentals of AV Preservation online textbook includes a chapter on emergency preparedness and response for audiovisual materials.
5. The "Writing a Disaster Plan" course (2-session) guides participants through the stages of writing a disaster plan. The registration deadline is June 7.
ONLINE PRESERVATION TRAINING PROGRAMS IN MAY 2022
Full descriptions and registration are available online.
05/10/22 - Caring for Object Collections
05/25/22 – Federal Agencies Digital Guidelines Initiative (FADGI) Demystified
06/09/22 - Writing a Disaster Plan (2-session course)
Certified Archivists earn Archival Recertification Credits (ARCs) through the Academy of Certified Archivists for these webinars. See details on the registration page.
*REGISTRATION LINK: https://www.nedcc.org/pt
*QUESTIONS? Contact: mailto:email@example.com
*INFO: http://www.nedcc.org --- Established in 1973, NEDCC offers conservation treatment, digital imaging, and audio preservation services, as well as preservation training, assessments and consultations.