Greetings from the NEDCC | Northeast Document Conservation Center! NEDCC specializes in conservation treatment, digital imaging, audio preservation services, and preservation training. Below are preservation month resources and preservation training opportunities offered by NEDCC.
Preservation Month Resources
1. Preservation Leaflets include a series on Emergency Management with information about water damage, mold, pests, fire detection, security, planning, and prevention.
2. Preservation 101 is an online textbook with a chapter on emergency preparedness for paper-based collections.
3. Fundamentals of AV Preservation is an online textbook that includes a chapter on emergency preparedness and response for audiovisual materials.
4. The upcoming Writing a Disaster Plan Course (2 sessions) guides participants through the stages of writing a disaster plan. The registration deadline is June 6.
5. dPlan|ArtsReady is an online emergency preparedness and response tool for arts and cultural organizations, regardless of size, scope, or discipline. Create an Account for the free Pocket Response Resource or an annual subscription to the full-featured dPlan|ArtsReady to kick-start your disaster planning.
05/02 – Writing Grants for Audio Preservation and Reformatting Webinar (FREE)
05/03 – Personal Digital Archiving Webinar (FREE)
05/23 – Digitization: Planning for Success Webinar
05/25 – Exhibiting Your Collections Webinar
06/27-29 – Digital Directions Conference (virtual)
Digital Directions Conference (virtual) – https://www.nedcc.org/preservation-training/dd23
June 27-29: Join NEDCC for a comprehensive overview of digital preservation, presented by information professionals with deep experience in the preservation of cultural heritage materials. During three half-days of live, interactive, online training, participants will learn about good practices and practical strategies for creating and managing digital collections, and gain confidence in decision-making for the preservation of theirdigital assets. Visit the conference page for more details.