William J. Clinton Presidential Library -Little Rock, AR
Incumbent serves as an Archives Technician in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) at the William J Clinton Presidential Library. Incumbent performs non-professional, quasi-professional and technical work that supports access to archival holdings and physical and intellectual control over records. The work encompasses reference, researcher assistance and other customer services, processing, accessioning, arranging, describing, preserving, and reformatting of records.
As a ARCHIVES TECHNICIAN, you will:
- Provide written or oral "first-line" reference assistance and consultation, respond to all forms of inquiry concerning NARA's archival holdings, in original or surrogate format, by using complex finding aid systems and related archival sources, in both electronic and analog formats.
- Perform detailed and complex arrangement work following a plan (or guidance) approved by supervisor or team leader.
- Independently evaluate the physical condition of records in the course of other duties and alert supervisor or other designated staff to condition problems that limit access or threaten the safety of records.
- Prepare online catalog descriptions of holdings at all levels according to NARA lifecycle standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in accessioning and disposal of all record types under the guidance of an archivist or archives specialist.
To learn more about this position and to apply, follow this link: