CHARLES H. COOLIDGE MEDAL OF HONOR
Director of Education and Visitor Services
The Director of Education and Visitor Services is responsible for the organization and direction of the center’s educational programs, special events, and visitor services. The position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director. Salary range is $36,000-$40,000. Benefits provided.
· Promotes and directs the implementation of the Character Development Program for a variety of audiences.
· Develops, implements, evaluates, promotes, and schedules on-site student education programs that fulfill established curriculum guidelines for targeted grade levels.
· Serves as the institution’s liaison with school system curriculum directors, principals, and teachers in the development of student-based educational programs.
· Organizes, promotes, and supervises the implementation of community outreach programs.
· Develops, implements, evaluates, and promotes a variety of special events and activities that generate public interest, further the institution’s educational mission, and generate revenue.
· Directs the operation of the admissions desk including training and supervision of staff and the implementation of cash handling and reporting procedures.
· Trains and supervises other staff, interns, and volunteers as docents, gallery attendants, or event volunteers.
· Assist with the development and installation of temporary and traveling exhibits.
Master’s Degree in Museum Science, Public History, Military History, History, or Education with a minimum of three (3) years experience in education or interpretation at a museum or historic site required. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Charles H. Coolidge Medal of Honor
Attn: Search Committee
P.O. Box 11467
Chattanooga, TN 37401
Application materials will be received until January 21, 2019.