Open Position: Program & Operations Manager
About the Organization
ArtsMemphis sustains Memphis’ world-renowned cultural vitality and strengthens local communities through the arts. We pursue this mission by generating arts support, investing in artists and organizations, and advancing organizational effectiveness.
We envision a Memphis in which every individual feels pride in our city’s authentic cultural assets and experiences the impact of the arts in their lives. In pursuit of that vision, we are guided by a commitment to equity, inclusion, access, creativity and innovation, and transparency. Learn more about our commitment to equity, inclusion, and access.
ArtsMemphis has provided $87M in grants and served as the primary funder, convener, and connector for the Memphis arts community since 1963. In 2021, ArtsMemphis invested $2.2M in 64 organizations and hundreds of artists and elevated its role in helping the arts sector navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the Position
ArtsMemphis seeks an energetic, curious, and organized individual to serve as its Program & Operations Manager. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Program & Operations Manager will assist the COO in spearheading ArtsMemphis’ strategies for investing in the arts community and provide operations support. This employee will play a key role in communicating the mission and impact of ArtsMemphis.
- Assist COO in administering ArtsMemphis’ portfolio of grant-making and managing communications with current and potential grantees.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the organizations and artists that are current and potential grantees.
- Lead the Arts Build Communities grant by recruiting and orienting panelists, marketing the opportunity to nonprofits in eligible counties and working with Tennessee Arts Commission to execute the process.
- Manage the grant administration process by developing online forms, maintaining application and reporting files, preparing information for panelists, processing contracts and payment requests, drafting various communications and related duties.
- Prepare grantee data analysis, written summaries, reports, and recommendations.
- Lead maintenance of grant software system including data entry, data management, report and template building and related tasks.
- Lead and manage all program data and information.
- Assist with development of tools to evaluate and measure impact of arts investments.
- Provide content about current programs. Ensure messaging and schedule correlates with procedures.
- Disseminate information through monthly artist email and bi-weekly organization email newsletters.
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance with organizational brand standards as part of grantee oversight.
- Maintain and update the Grants pages on ArtsMemphis.org.
- Maintain and update the event calendar on ArtsMemphis.org.
- Represent ArtsMemphis at off-site events.
- Monitor email@example.com email address.
- Manage programs and initiatives as opportunities develop.
- Assist staff with program and event development, logistics and delivery.
- Stay up-to-date on local and national trends in the arts and philanthropy.
- Answer phones and greet visitors.
- Serve as primary contact for vendors and schedule maintenance/service calls.
- Assist colleagues with coordinating Board meetings and events.
- Serve as a primary liaison for IT vendor(s).
- Coordinating equipment and service troubleshooting, upgrades and billing.
- Write and maintain process documents related to this position, including a calendar of recurring tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Deep affinity for arts & culture and/or supporting the greater Memphis community.
- 3+ years nonprofit or philanthropic experience required.
- Experience with grant administration, grants management software or CRM software preferred. Foundant experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience creating effective communications.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Team player who is energetic, flexible, collaborative, proactive and has a desire to work in a creative environment. Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, reliable, able to finish work in a timely manner, and able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Candidate must be willing to handle flexible hours including occasional work on nights and weekends.
Minimum $42,000 and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- 401(k)and 401(k) company match up to 4%
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- 16 Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Professional development opportunities + arts experiences
While typical work hours are 9:00am-5:00p, Monday-Friday, employee must be willing to handle flexible hours including occasional work on nights and weekends. Employees are generally expected to be in the office Monday – Thursday with remote work flexibility on Fridays.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate summary of those principal job elements. This position may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ArtsMemphis expects all employees to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation. For those obtaining an exemption, regular testing may be required.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please. Candidates should submit both a resume and a cover letter. Cover letter should describe why candidate is interested in working with ArtsMemphis and how their skills and experience fit with the responsibilities for this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
ArtsMemphis strives to build and sustain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable working and learning environment for all staff. ArtsMemphis provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.