Gift Shop Sales Associate
Job Title: Gift Shop Sales Associate
Job Type: Part Time Staff, 15 to 20 hours per week
Supervisor: Executive Director
Job Purpose: Staffing small museum gift shop. Duties include: ordering, pricing, inventory management, visual merchandising, sales and new products.
Experience: Previous retail experience. Customer service experience needed. Museum or history organization experience helpful.
Education: High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working Conditions: Standing and walking while working on shop floor; climbing stairs; adherence to professional dress code; wearing name tag required. Position works for the Belmont Mansion Association, not Belmont University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong customer services skills and commitment
2. Proven sales experience and success
3. Excellent verbal communication skills
4. Self-motivated with an ability to identify opportunities for maximizing sales
5. Excellent interpersonal skills for working with other mansion staff and guests
6. Ability to be part of a positive team environment
7. Adept with Point of Sales systems
8. Adept with Microsoft Office software and Apple iOS
1. Ringing up cash register transactions for admissions and museum shop purchases
2. Reordering & pricing merchandise
3. Entering merchandise into inventory/point of purchase system
4. Working with staff and visitors to create sales
5. Answering the telephone and greeting guests at the front door when needed
6. Participating in special events hosted at the mansion by providing gift shop support
7. Participating in staff meetings and training sessions
8. Ability to share with guests the mansion’s history, early Nashville and Civil War history. Training will be
9. Other duties as assigned
Please direct any questions, your resume, and cover letter to Mark Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org