The Education Department at Belle Meade is seeking upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our team. Educators conduct age-appropriate tours and hands-on programming for audiences of all ages, from toddlers through grandparents. Sitting at the corner of education, public history, and hospitality, our education team is responsible for leading high quality programming for children and adults, which utilize a variety of teaching methods. A team mentality is a must. Experience working with children or families is preferred, but museum or teaching experience is not required.
● Lead and facilitate a variety of family and scout programs
o Conduct brief tours across the site for families and children in a personable and knowledgeable manner, providing accurate information relevant to the major themes of the specified program
o Facilitate the hands-on activities and crafts associated with the program
● Must exhibit basic knowledge of learning styles and developmental stages for a wide variety of ages and abilities
● Must have a customer service attitude and be prepared to interact with groups of people daily
● Ensure the safety of guests and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies following institutional guidelines
● Must actively participate in training programs and staff meetings to expand knowledge of the site and current education theories
● Complete other duties as assigned
● Must be able to execute programs for children, with an ability to relate to adults as well
● Creativity, flexibility, and organizational skills are essential
● Must be articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance; must be willing to adhere to a business casual dress code
● Must be able to assimilate information and impart it in a factual, coherent, and engaging manner; excellent oral communication skills are ideal; continued practice in this area is required
● Public speaking or teaching experience with an interest in history is ideal; knowledge of 19th century American history is ideal
● Must be available as scheduled, including weekends and holidays
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.