Marketing and Digital Content Manager
Founded in 1834, the East Tennessee Historical Society (ETHS), one of the oldest and most distinguished organizations of its kind in the country, seeks qualified candidates to apply for the position of Marketing and Digital Content Manager. Headquartered in Knoxville, the ETHS serves a 35 county region with its mission “to preserve, interpret, and promote the history of the East Tennessee region, its people, history, culture, and heritage.” It operates the award-winning Museum of East Tennessee History, publishes a scholarly journal, and the bi-annual Tennessee Ancestors magazine, sponsors lectures and other public programs such as the First Families of Tennessee and Civil War Families of Tennessee, and offers a variety of educational programs for schools virtually and in person.
The ETHS is located in thriving downtown Knoxville and the organization works closely with the Knox County Government, the City of Knoxville, Visit Knoxville, the University of Tennessee and other institutions of higher learning in the area, East Tennessee school districts, and other affinity groups to provide a variety of digital programming for varied constituents. The ETHS is well respected within its community and is poised to raise its profile through a combination of creative programming, scholarship, and research.
Responsible for overseeing day-to-day direction and dissemination of Digital/Print Content for the ETHS, including supervision of digital/print content, marketing of Programs, Brochures, Exhibits, and Events for members, donors, and the general public; Writing, designing, and production of graphic identify for programs, outreach, publications, development of printed and virtual promotional materials, managing workflow of newsletters, website oversite and maintenance, and all Social Media. Performing editorial and graphic design tasks; and working with group leadership to shape digital/print content contributions to the ETHS
To lead the ETHS’s development of strong digital content for websites, newsletters, traditional and social media that build engaged and responsive relationships with the public, community, and historical organization partners in the region
- · Collect, review, and assess digital and print product metrics as they relate to content
- · Be responsible for website Strategy and development, including layout of website, and review metrics
- · Engage in digital/print content meetings and outline workflows for projects
- · Monitor and review technical or work-related problems and make related reports to the supervisor
- · Responsible for engaging the leadership team with ideas on how we can provide digital/print content, as well as design, graphic identity for programs, outreach, publications, development of printed and virtual promotional materials
- · Responsible for completion of digital/print products/activities including newsletters, websites, and various platforms of social media including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Twitch
- · Promote through traditional media according to marketing plan when necessary
- · Responsible for execution of day-to-day digital content work in order to meet key publishing deadlines
- · Resolve complex problems related to digital/print workflow
- · Execution of a branding and style guide (existing)
Communication with different audiences, adaptability, integrity, judgment, critical thinking, creativity, situational awareness, courage, discipline, planning, organizing, analytical skills, teamwork, assertiveness, delegating, networking skills, attention to detail
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities:
- · Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language
- · Excellent writing skills with attention to detail
- · Ability to edit/proofread printed and digital material
- · Ability to work with contributors to develop content for digital/print products
- · Ability to manage workflow of digital and press content
- · Ability to set a vision for digital and printed communication
- · Ability to develop a budget regarding digital and print content
- · Analyze digital and print product metrics and provide direction
- · Preferred knowledge and experience with basic web design and/or design software/programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- · Public relations, media relations, and marketing experience
- · Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- · Interest in and appreciation of history
Equivalent Education / Experience:
- · Bachelor's degree or higher in Marketing, English, Communication, Public Relations, History or related field
- · 2+ years experience with digital marketing and content related work
- · Portfolio
Special Job Dimensions:
- · Ability to work in office environment
- · Travel to conferences as required
- · Flexible schedule
- · Supervise interns and volunteers
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to eths@eastTNhistory.org If submitted via post, please mail to ETHS, Attn: Stephanie Henry, P.O. Box 1629, Knoxville, TN 37901-1629. Application Deadline is March 19, 2021.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status.