The Administrative Assistant is responsible for general clerical and administrative work of the association. This position is full-time and requires 37.5 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Chief of Operations. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and retirement plan. $30,000.00 - $34,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
- High school diploma required. College degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years clerical experience required
- Experience in a history organization or related nonprofit is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the primary receptionist; answering, screening, and directing calls to appropriate staff. Greets and assists visitors.
- Supports general administrative functions of the association. This includes but not limited to copying, mass mailing and maintaining routine filing systems; files a variety of items including records, forms, correspondence, memoranda, purchase orders, invoices, personnel & budgetary.
- Assists members over the telephone and by email with registration, invoices, account questions, and using AASLH resources.
- Provides support for other AASLH employees including pulling reports, preparing/packing for onsite programs, mailing packages, etc.
- Performs daily financial tasks including processing checks and payments.
- Performs monthly tasks including preparing and mailing invoices and new member kits.
- Provides administrative support for continuing education program by assisting students with registration, general inquiries, and course correspondence.
- Maintains online store content and shipping orders.
- Drafts and mails new job letters.
- Promotes membership in the Association.
- Handles other projects as assigned.
- High level of analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Skills in excellent customer service, both internal and external
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and handle conflicting priorities and deadlines appropriately
- Skills in utilizing Excel and data entry at an intermediate level
Submit resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin September 14 and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is November 15. Please note that successful candidates will have to pass a background check.
AASLH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.