Historic Non-Profit/Natural Area Seeks Site Assistant
Flexible Work Schedule, Including Evenings, Weekends and Holidays
Seasonal Position - Open Until Filled
Position Located at Historic Rugby, Inc., Rugby, Tennessee
Are looking to build your resume, for an internship or a lifestyle change? Does the idea of living in a quiet, rural setting appeal to you? Are you an enthusiast, customer-focused person with a sense of adventure? We have a fun seasonal position for a passionate person, and you will live in an historic Victorian village bordering a national park.
Historic Rugby, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization established to restore, preserve, protect and interpret the Rugby Colony National Register Historic District. We provide site tours, events, retail, event venue, lodging and cafe services.
Learn more at historicrugby.org.
We greet guests with joy, love and happiness, and have an organizational philosophy that every guest is a potential major donor to the non-profit.
Located adjacent to a national park and state natural area, you will find clear trout streams and cool swimming holes in the nearby hemlock forest. If you are looking to make your fortune, this is not the place for you but if your fortune is measured in scenic beauty, quiet walks, deep conversations and sharing a unique historic treasure, we really should talk.
Purpose of Job
The Site Assistant is responsible for providing housekeeping, lodging guest services, kitchen help, tours, grounds and general maintenance assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of customer service to foster strong relationship with members, guests, sponsors and other audiences on the phone, in person and via email.
- Coordinate with other staff to provide housekeeping, assist with events, tours and other guest services
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with current community volunteers, partners and staff to promote awareness of Historic Rugby and increase membership, donations and site visitation.
- Hard working, flexible and versatile
- Personable with good communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Well organized and creative
- Clear and accurate verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
Job Type: Seasonal
- High school or equivalent, prefer some college
Please send your resume to Teresa Bowman at: email@example.com or call 423-628-2441 for more information.