Position: MUSEUM MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
Location: Customs House Museum & Cultural Center
Job Type: Part-time
Reports To: Finance Manager
The Museum Membership Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the management of the Museum’s membership program, including accurately processing and tracking membership information, generating new initiatives to strengthen and grow the program, and engender enthusiasm for museum support.
1. Maintain accurate membership records and member mailing list using PastPerfect, Constant Contact, Excel, and Word;
2. Reconcile membership forms with daily store transaction reports and PastPerfect entries entered by store associates;
3. Coordinate with store and visitor services staff on membership promotion, processing, and distribution;
4. Respond promptly to membership inquiries;
5. Send renewal letters and expired membership notices;
6. Coordinate with Executive Director regarding renewals and strategies to retain upper level members, including: renewal notices, thank-you letters, and other communications as needed;
7. Coordinate distribution of membership cards and information to new and renewing members in a timely manner;
8. Implement strategies for recruiting and retaining members by reviewing, evaluating, and promoting current and potential member levels, prices, and benefits;
9. Explore new membership initiatives (i.e. green memberships) and member satisfaction with current benefits;
10. Compile monthly names of new and renewing members to be listed in newsletter;
11. Develop annual membership budget in consultation with the Finance Manager;
12. Compile monthly PastPerfect membership report for Finance Manager;
13. Coordinate with marketing staff to update and brand promotional membership materials;
14. Compile monthly report of member numbers for Membership Committee and Executive Director;
15. Set and meet goals for membership numbers and sales across the various levels;
16. Purge any incomplete or inaccurate records in database;
17. Protect member information as outlined in organizational policy;
18. Plan and coordinate member appreciation events;
19. Contribute to institutional long-range planning as related to membership;
20. Serve as an ex-officio member of Board of Trustees’ membership committee;
21. Other duties as determined by supervisor or Executive Director.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
1. Excellent communication and public relations skills;
2. Experience in digital and physical record management, Point of Sale (POS) systems, and credit card processing;
3. Strong attention to detail;
4. Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively;
5. Experience with membership database software preferred;
6. Experience with recruiting and maintaining members preferred;
7. Excellent customer relations experience;
9. Team player with all staff;
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
11. Friendly demeanor and professional appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Working at desk and utilizing a computer for prolonged periods of time;
2. Periodic standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stooping, and the ability to lift 20 pounds;
3. Good hearing and vision;
4. Good eye/hand coordination.
This position may require 0-5% travel time.
Education and Experience
Graduation from secondary education or GED required, higher education degree preferred.
This is a part-time position with regular hours from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on three established days between Tuesday and Saturday, with a one-hour lunch break or 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. with a half-hour lunch break. Additional hours may be required to accommodate special projects or member events. Pay periods are bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of each month.
Paid vacation hours and sick time. Potential for professional development opportunities.
All new or vacant positions at the Clarksville—Montgomery County Museum, d.b.a. the Customs House Museum & Cultural Center will be filled by the selection of only fully qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability who meet the job related criteria of the job description. All potential employees will undergo a background check, and must provide proof of being able to legally work in the U.S. All potential employees who have cause to drive their own vehicles and/or Museum vehicles for justifiable and approved Museum business must have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
All resumes and inquiries should be emailed to our Executive Director, Mr. Jim Zimmer email@example.com