Mobile Education Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Education
Assist with program planning, development, and implementation of Discovery Center’s Mobile education and outreach program.
Key areas of responsibility
- · Responsible for planning, implementation and evaluation of Discovery Center mobile education programs (including the STEAM Bus, Museums to Go, & promotional community events) to ensure positive impact and outcomes and are innovative, inspiring, and of the highest quality. Programs at DC are all encompassing and include every discipline of science, history, social studies, and art.
- · Facilitate regularly scheduled cleaning, maintenance, tags & usage on bus and van.
- · Assist Marketing Director in the promotion of mobile education programs.
- · Assist in development and tracking of budget for Mobile Education programs.
- · Assist with on-site education programming as needed
- · Develop, implement and train other staff on some weekend special events. Assist in the development and tracking of budgets and the promotion of these programs.
- · Train Discovery Center staff on education programs.
- · Work with VP of Community Development in implementing grant funded programs:
- o Science Action Club
- o Science in the Summer
- · Attend monthly staff meetings and bi-weekly Education Department meetings.
- · Stay up to date with current trends in education and STEAM related subjects.
- · Other duties to benefit Discovery Center as assigned by the Director of Education.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
- · College degree in Education, Recreation, or Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) is preferred.
- · Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff and volunteers.
- · Ability or willingness to learn how to properly operate a 12 passenger van and a school bus.
- · Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks.
- · Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
- · Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- · Comply with a flexible work schedule.
- · This job requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, use of hands and arms, bending, lifting, use of computer and keyboard, listening and speaking in person and on the phone.
- · Noise level varies from quiet to loud.
- · Temperature varies from hot to cold.
Please send resumes to: