Position: Database Coordinator
About the Organization
Founded in 1963 as a United Arts Fund, ArtsMemphis works to sustain Memphis’ world-renowned cultural vitality by providing grants to arts organizations and artists, making strategic investments in arts-based initiatives and serving as a connector, mentor and promoter for the arts sector. In the past 10 years, ArtsMemphis has allocated over $40 million to the arts in Shelby County. In fiscal year 2016, ArtsMemphis awarded $3 million to the Memphis arts community through more than 160 grants. The arts enhance quality of life for Memphians and are an economic driver for Shelby County – generating more than $125 million annually and employing 4,000 people.
ArtsMemphis strengthens the area’s arts assets by amplifying awareness, driving support and building capacity for the arts sector. ArtsMemphis’ impact extends across demographic, geographic and socioeconomic barriers through the activities of 60+ grantees and partners, which vary widely in size, location and focus.
For more information visit ArtsMemphis.org.
About the Position
ArtsMemphis seeks a detail-oriented, “systems thinker” to provide high-quality, consistent data management. The Database Coordinator will report to the Director of Development & Communications and will be responsible for the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database and optimizing its functionality to meet the needs of the organization.
The Database Coordinator will record, process, acknowledge and report on all donations received by ArtsMemphis. The Database Coordinator will play a critical role on the ArtsMemphis development staff to provide timely collection, cleanup, retrieval, and analysis of donor and prospect data.
- Learns and implements best practices for donor and prospect data management
- Captures, organizes, and manages constituent data through Raiser’s Edge database
- Assures the accuracy, integrity, and consistency of all donor records
- Performs regular database maintenance activities to correct duplications, errors or omissions, track user activity, and find actionable patterns
- Responsible for all gift entry, acknowledgement letters/receipting, and benefit fulfillment
- Generates and manages outstanding pledge reports and invoices donors as needed
- Creates dashboards and reports that analyze donor giving results to document progress on fundraising goals
- Produces custom queries and reports as requested by team members
- Segments constituents for email marketing, mail appeals, actions and gifts
- Integrates ArtsMemphis’ email marketing lists with the donor database
- Creates and executes mail, email, and phone campaigns, including the creation of lists, preparation of data merges, and fulfillment
- Coordinates, implements and updates appeals
- Maintains up-to-date solicitor assignments and notes
- Liaises with the CFO to reconcile Raisers Edge with the general ledger when necessary
- Liaises with the US Post Office to troubleshoot any mail-retrieval issues
- Acts as the system administrator for Raiser’s Edge
- Serves as a liaison to Blackbaud and IT support staff to coordinate system updates and troubleshoot issues
- Trains staff on the use of Raiser’s Edge
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year working in database management or comparable activity
- Proven data management abilities, including donor records maintenance and creation of reports and queries
- Experience in developing donor solicitation campaigns
- High level analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Team player who is energetic, flexible, and proactive, and has a desire to work in a creative environment. Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, reliable, able to finish work in a timely manner
- Working automobile, valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Candidate must be willing to handle flexible hours including occasional work on nights and weekends.
This position is full-time. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. ArtsMemphis offers a competitive benefits package including insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation/holidays.
ArtsMemphis strives to create an environment in which every employee, board member, donor and grant recipient is treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We are committed to seeking out talented, diverse people, encouraging them to work to their full potential and valuing their contributions.
ArtsMemphis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, marital status, citizenship, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter outlining interest, experience, and potential fit for the position along with a resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.